Nestlé BAR-ONE Pain Au Chocolate
- Pre-made puff pastry2 rolls
- Nestlé BAR-ONE Spread120g
- Cream1 Tbsp
- Place your puff pastry on a clean floured surface and cut into rectangles vertically; approximately 5cm - 6cm wide.
- To fill use a spoon to fill the puff pastry by spreading Nestlé BAR-ONE Spread horizontally across the pastry 2cm from the bottom and again 5cm above.
- Roll up the puff pastry and place seam side down on a lined baking tray. Continue until all the dough has been used up.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg and cream.
- Generously brush the tops of each pastry with the egg wash and bake in the oven at 200°C for about 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Chocolate au Pain is a traditional French pastry that is just as popular as croissants; but much easier to make. Any filling can be utilized here from the Nestlé Professional Dessert range. From the spreads, dessert toppings to chocolate bars. Try adding in fruit, nuts and spices to be innovative.